Monday, September 12, 2011

Demo to benefit Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Even though I'm a little late with my post, I want to report on the fun day at the 5th annual Ice Cream Social and Plant Sale at the Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden. This year's Celebrity Guest was Ciscoe Morris, who hosts "Gardening with Ciscoe" on KIRO 97.3 FM radio and KING 5/NWCN television, and is the author of the best-selling garden tome, "Ask Ciscoe", as well as a weekly column in the Seattle Times. As always Ciscoe was very entertaining and loaded with information on plants and gardening.

My donation to the event was to paint a scene from the garden on location (en plein air).  I started my demo around 11:00 am and completed the painting in the photo above by 3:00 pm just in time for the silent auction. I enjoyed meeting so many nice people while sharing the art of painting on location in such a beautiful setting.

Wendy Morgan from SeaTac had the winning bid and proudly took my watercolor painting to its new home.

Thanks to Laura Sweany and the nice folks at Highline Seatac Botanical Garden for inviting me to participate in this fun event! I look forward to doing it again!

Susie

No comments: