Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holiday Greetings from Susie Short!

Happy Holidays!

This little landscape is one of my favorites from my Winter Landscape Collection for 2008. It has such a crisp clean and peaceful feel to it.

For those interested in learning how to paint this card I do have a pattern packet with written instructions available. Click here for more information

We are really experiencing winter here in the Seattle area this week. In my neighborhood the roads are icy and there has been about 8 inches of snow on the ground for 5 days. I took a lot of reference photos on the snow on the trees and I'm in the mood to paint some more snowy landscapes. I guess thats what happens when you get snow bound. I've never lived where the snow stuck around for very long so I like it! It really does make it feel more like Christmas!

My dogs love the fluffy white stuff and can't wait to go outside to play. Trouble is the snow attaches to their fur and they don't like sitting by the door with the hair dryer to melt the snow balls that collect on their feet and bellies.

Maybe tomorrow I'll build a snowman.

SUSIE




No comments: