Thursday, July 30, 2009

Short Trip to Mt Rainier CANCELLED

Due to the current heat wave in the Pacific Northwest and weather conditions on the mountain my trip to Mt Rainier July 31, Aug 1 & 2, 2009 has been cancelled.

I'm really disappointed that I won't get to go up while the flowers are doin' their thing, but with the ongoing record breaking heat and the air quality forecasted to be poor for the next few days I can't afford to put anyone at risk.

The forecasters say the temps will remain in the 90's (even at Sunrise Visitors Ctr) for at least 4 -5 more days with a cool down starting in the middle of next week. With the high pressure comes the haze and stagnant air which is generally not a problem on Mt Rainier but when the weather pattern holds for this long, I understand pollutants collect under the dome of high pressure which can make breathing difficult.

There will be other times to make this trip when the weather is more favorable.
Please help me pass the word to those planning to join me that the wildflower trip won't happen this year.

Keep those brushes wet!
SUSIE

1 comment:

Gary Keimig said...

nice blog Suzie. Love your watercolors. Really great work.