Sunday, March 31, 2013

April is Tulip Time!

Spring is just around the corner...can't you feel it? I'm so ready!!!!
Today the sun is shinning and the birds are happy and chirping outside.
Of course the weather forecasters say rain is only a couple of days away BUT today there is sunshine!
The tulips in the Skagit Valley of the Great Northwest are said to be on time this year. Yippee!! The daffodils are blooming now and it won't be long before the early tulips fill the fields with color too. When you look out across a field of glorious color you can't help but want to get a paintbrush in hand and have a go at splashing on some paint. And I have a fun way to paint those colorful rows of tulips. 
At the First Tuesday Watercolor class in Seattle and the Second Wednesday Watercolor class in Bellevue my students and I will be painting tulip fields similar to these examples I'm sharing here. If you are in the area and interested in joining us there are still a few seats available. Call me! Or visit my website for more information and to register online or by snail mail. Class is from 11-4 @ the Daniel Smith Store Classrooms in Seattle and Bellevue.
ALSO...If you are interested taking a day trip to sketch and photograph the tulips fields later this month give me a call or shoot me an email and I'll let you know when I'm going and would love to plan a  rendezvous. 
Keep those brushes wet! 
SUSIE

No comments: